When a booking is confirmed and the cottage reserved this constitutes a legal contract whereby we are bound to hold the cottage and the hirer is bound to pay for it. So please take a moment to read these terms and conditions and, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- A deposit of 25‰ (minimum £50) of the total cost is required at the time of booking. This deposit is not refundable in any circumstances.
- The balance is due for payment 28 days before commencement of the holiday. If the balance is not paid by the due date, we reserve the right to re-allocate the accommodation.
- Bookings start at 3.00 pm and terminate at 3.00 pm unless otherwise agreed in writing with the hirer.
- Bookings are accepted only for the party names and are not transferable.
- In the event of a cancellation we will make every effort to rebook the accommodation. If we are successful the booking fee, less the deposit, will be refunded to you. If the accommodation is not rebooked the hirer is responsible for full payment, and so we strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance.
- No person under the age of 18 shall stay in the accommodation without parent or guardian.
- Thirkleby Hall Holiday Cottages are absolved from all liability to the hirer and their guests, for the loss or damage to personal property.
- We may require persons creating a nuisance to leave. A refund of the appropriate portion of any booking fee (excluding the deposit) shall be sufficient to discharge all obligations of Thirkleby Hall Holiday Cottages.
- Your pet is welcome if kept under control. Please do not allow your pet to lie upon beds or upholstery and please observe the strictest standards of hygiene.
- Please note that, for the safety and comfort of all guests, that smoking is not allowed inside the cottages.